A Lightweight Travel Companion with Durability, Movability, and Style. Do you love to travel? But the luggage handling makes you anxious?
Or do you like to travel with style, but without the hassle?
In this article, We will aim to help you to answer the very questions and help you to decide if Winfield is for you. Watch it as we cut the product with a fine tooth comb for a comprehensive no holds barred review.
In all such cases, the Samsonite Winfield 2 is the best travel companion that you should look for.
Made of polycarbonate hard case, it is not just an ordinary suitcase, but a perfect combination of strength and flexibility while being lightweight at the same time.
Next time when you go out on a trip with this suitcase as your companion, you don’t have to worry about squeezed cosmetics or broken gadgets because Samsonite Winfield 2 pops back to its original shape after getting an impact.
It’s been specially designed while keeping your travel fatigues in mind and it can absorb a lot of wear’ n tear and impact. Whether you’re traveling alone or with your family, it will perfectly suit your travel needs.
Samsonite Winfield 2 comes in three different sizes, i.e., 20’’, 24’’ and 28’’, you can choose the size depending on the amount of luggage you usually carry around.
Whether you like to remain subtle or make a fashion statement, this eye-catcher comes in 8 different colors to match your style (Orange, Brushed Anthracite, Burgundy, Charcoal, Deep Blue, Navy, Purple, and Teal)
Samsonite Winfield 2 - A HobbyKraze review
Features at a Glance
- Winfield 2 is made up of 100% Polycarbonate, which makes it flexible, lightweight and strong, hence keeping your contents/equipment safe. It also makes your travel extra smooth as you don’t have to carry around a large and heavy suitcase everywhere around.
- Side Mounted TSA compatible combination locks are present to ensure extra security of your luggage. They provide you with mental comfort that your priceless possessions are safe. They also allow you not to worry about keeping a key with you all the time, and at the same time, imagine how difficult would it get if you lose those keys?
- Samsonite Winfield 2 is also called a spinner, as it comes with 4 multidimensional spinner wheels that can easily roll in any direction for effortless mobility. They are completely reliable to move on their own and don’t need too much force from you.
- It comes with a two-sided handle and one push-button pull-handle for convenient pulling and carrying. The grip of the suitcase is extra comfortable and allows your hands a swift and firm grip. The pull handle is a robust telescopic handle that goes perfectly well with the spinner wheels. Not only that, it can also be locked in its place (both stored and extended position), therefore helping not to bulge while pulling or rolling the suitcase.
Interior lined with Nylon
- Zipped expander is also included, which makes the case expandable in case of over packing or extra luggage.
- Clamshell design that can be opened up completely in two separate portions.
- Zippered side pockets for storage of smaller items that can otherwise get lost if you put them in the middle of bigger stuff in the main compartment.
- Handy mesh pockets in the cover for easy accessibility of everyday items that you need over and over again.
Brushed stroke exterior that conceals scratches and retains the new look of the exterior even after years of use.
- This suitcase is available in eight different colors including Charcoal, Deep Blue, Purple, Orange, and Brushed.
- Three different sizes, i.e. 20’’ (body dimensions: 20 x 13.5 x 9 at 6.7 lbs), 24’’ (body dimensions: 24’’ x 16.5’’ x 11’’ at 9.3 lbs) and 29’’ (body dimensions: 28’’ x 19’’ x 12 at 11.5lbs)
- 10-year limited warranty.
Pros - What We Like!
The suitcase has been designed while keeping in mind all the factors that directly impact the comfort of your travel, such as space, durability, design, and movability. It makes for a great investment that can last a lifetime if used carefully.
Here’s a detailed list of the pros of Samsonite Winfield 2:
Relatively Inexpensive – The Samsonite Winfield 2 is cheaper in price compared to other suitcases belonging to different brands that offer much fewer features. While even the price of an individual bag is great in terms of the features that it provides, buying a 2 piece set or a set of three can save you much more. Hence the price makes it a perfect deal for you if you want it for yourself, or to give as a Christmas/Wedding gift.
Warranty – The 10-year guarantee this Samsonite comes with gives you additional piece of mind. While being a durable suitcase, the warranty allows you not to worry about small damage for a long time.
Lightweight & Strong – The polycarbonate body is a massive advantage as it makes your luggage lightweight and easy to carry for you on long journeys. It might look a delicate at first glance; however, it gives the suitcase a strong and durable body that can flex under stress and then come back to its original shape and position. Hence, on the one hand, it keeps your contents safe and on the other, it saves you from the embarrassment of traveling with a dented suitcase.
Agile – The spinner wheels with the combination of the telescopic handle are a huge plus as they allow the suitcase to move freely in all directions in an effortless way. This effortless movability of this suitcase makes it an ideal choice for women, elderly and children.
Security – The TSA approved locks makes this suitcase an extremely safe carrier for travel essentials. The locks with keys can become a nuance if keys are lost during the journey; hence a code protected lock is the safest yet hassle-free option.
Cons - What We Are Not Huge fans Of!
Like many products that come to the market, this one also is subjected to some disadvantages or cons.
Some of the apparent drawbacks of Samsonite Winfield 2 are identified below:
Too Large for Carry-on – The Samsonite Winfield 2 comes in three different sizes. The 24” and 28” sizes might be slightly larger than the maximum size allowed as per the recent requirements of some of the airlines. This suitcase is classified as a carry-on; however you need to make sure that if it will be allowed as one. Some airlines might ask you during check-in.
Show Scuffs on Bright Color Designs – While the brushed design and colors like charcoal may not show any scuffs and scratches easily, however, the more shiny and bright colors are easy to get scratched and for the marks to look prominent on the case.
4 Spinner Wheels – having 4 wheels instead of usual 2 might be difficult to carry and maneuver for those who aren’t accustomed to using spinnerwheels.
Could Forget Code – The TSA lock provides extra security, however, that safety can become a nuance if someone not using the suitcase for long forgets the code.
The square design and inside dividers provide optimal capacity that can be increased with expandable zippers. Though it might be difficult to slide for those who never used a 4-wheel suitcase before, however, once you get the grip of it, this product allows easy and lightweight mobility throughout the journey while keeping your content harm free from the effects of mishandling and protected against a safety breach.
The security code can always be saved in the phone memory, or any other medium that is easily accessible to you, so that you won’t be facing any issues while opening up the locks.
Verdict - Final Thoughts!
A detailed in-house Samsonite Winfield 2 review has shown that this product has a number of useful features to offer at a reasonable price.
It’s both a travel friendly and pocket friendly suitcase for all those who love to travel or are required to travel frequently for personal and professional reasons respectively. Not a great flagship model for Samsonite but a very good value for money, pound for pound, nevertheless.