What is the most important item a paintball player needs? Each of you is going to come up with a different answer. Some are going to say guns, while others will say goggles, or someone else might say the vest.
We agree that each of these is essential for a paintball game. But what is that one thing that’s a must? Yes, the one in the title. Tactical boots are military-style boots that have been exclusively designed to safeguard your feet in rough terrains.
If you play paintball for fun, a pair of sneakers should do the job. But for professionals, nothing except the best tactical boots will serve. When you need to walk, run, climb, and trudge through open fields, forests, and rocky areas, your feet are going to the worst hit. The one way to protect them is to invest in a pair of sturdy and comfortable boots.
The last thing you would hope for is to feel the boots pinching your skin or get blisters because of wrong footwear, right? When you are willing to invest so many dollars in a sniper rifle, a hopper, and a tank, you should do the same for yourself.
Okay, we’ve got you convinced, you say? Now let’s talk about the best tactical boots in the market. Which brand should you go for? How does the type of material affect the performance of the boots? How to know which model is suitable for outdoor paintball? Are there different types of tactical boots?
We have got the answers to all these questions and much more. We know how much you appreciate it when all the information is provided in one place. That’s why we got the top 5 best paintball tactical boots explained in detail, followed by more information about the types, benefits, and factors to consider when buying these boots. It’s time to get started, isn’t it?
Table of Contents
Quick Comparison Table!
The Best Paintball Tactical Boots For The Money
#1 Bates Men's 8" Ultralite Tactical Sport Side Zip Military Boot - EDITOR'S CHOICE
The first best paintball tactical boot on our list is by the famous company, Bates. The boots are available in different sizes, ranging from 7” to 16”. They also come in two colors- black and coyote. The boots are lightweight, sturdy, durable, and 100% water-resistant. What else do they offer? Let’s see below.
Features & Benefits
The boots are made of 70% leather and 30% nylon to give your feet a comfortable hug throughout the day. These are some of the most preferred tactical boots in the market. The midsole is made using EVA (ethyl vinyl acetate) that ensures that the boots last for a long time while being lightweight and easy to wear.
The boots also have a compost toe at the front, which is a great advantage. Some users found the toe area a bit too big, but hey, it’s good for people with large toes.
- The insert is removable. Isn’t that easy?
- There is a useful side zip on the boots. It adds to the appearance as well. You can flaunt your paintball boots.
- The mesh lining lets your feet breathe while preventing moisture from seeping inside.
- The boots might feel a wee bit tight around the calves when you first wear them, but you’ll soon feel comfortable.
- They are sturdy and can sustain wear and tear with ease. You also don’t have to worry about the tactical boots getting stained with oils. It is quite resistant to stains as well.
- These are expensive boots but are fully worth the price when you consider the comfort and durability they offer.
#2 Under Armour Men's Stellar Military and Tactical Boot - Best Affordable Tactical Boots
These tactical boots by Under Armour are affordable compared to other brands. They are strong enough to handle wear and tear and will cushion your feet in rough conditions. They don’t require breaking in and are quite comfortable on the feet. The company logo is discreet and doesn’t grab the attention of others. The boots are neither dull nor flashy. They are useful and look good enough. Here’s a little more about these boots.
Features & Benefits
The tactical boots are made of leather and good quality synthetic textiles. While they are not 100% waterproof, the boots do resistant water to a great extent. You just can’t use them in the rain for too long.
The leather is DWR treated to make it robust and sustainable. The 900 denier nylon lets your feet breathe and keep them dry to a major extent (when it rains). Of course, the boots dry faster, so you don’t have to worry too much about it.
- The Ortholite sock liner in the boots has been treated with anti-odor technology. You don’t have to suffer from smelly feet because you wore the boots all day.
- It might get a bit too warm inside the boots during summers, so keep that in mind. But these are the best tactical boots for winters. Your feet will love them.
- The boots are ankle-high but do not have side zippers. We do wish they did. It would make it easy to remove the boots from our feet after a long tiring day.
- The boots sure offer great grip on all kinds of surfaces, be it rocky trials or icy paths. Just make sure to clean them regularly.
#3 RYNO GEAR Tactical Combat Boots with Coolmax Lining - Best for Occasional Wear
Not every one of us plays paintball regularly and is a pro at it. Some of us like an occasional game or two. If you are one such player, you would be looking for tactical boots that do the job and are not too pricey, right? Ryno Gear’s boots have been designed for the same purpose. Wear them occasionally and enjoy your game without worrying about the amount you spent on these boots. Of course, it still has some attractive features to offer. Let’s see what they are, shall we?
Features & Benefits
The boots are made using leather (yes, the real one) and ballistic nylon. The combination of materials gives the boots the required sturdiness to sustain some rough conditions. They are stylish and can be used as casual wear as well.
The Coolmax lining is indeed the highlight of these boots. This lining ensures that there is enough air circulation to keep the moisture away from your feet. In case you want to dry the boots, just remove the insoles and let them sit for a while.
- Considering the price, these boots are not waterproof. But they do resist water from seeping in.
- The outsoles are of rubber and provide a good grip on different surfaces.
- There is an ankle collar that cushions your ankles and provides comfort. These tactical boots are not wonderful by any means, but they are more than decent to use.
- The boots come with side zippers that make them easy to put on and remove without much effort.
- There is also a Velcro closure that enhances the fitting. The toe compost is big enough and lets your toes breathe.
#4 Garmont Men's T8 Bifida Tactical Military Boots - Best for Snug Fit
T8 Bifida by Garmont is the fourth paintball tactical boot on our list. It is famous for fittingly perfectly and for providing great grip on the most uneven surfaces. Though it is not perfect and has its share of disadvantages, we do love some of the features it offers. Shall we take a look at the details?
Features & Benefits
The boots are made using suede and 600D nylon. The construction is sturdy and durable. The boots have been designed to withstand the impact of rocky surfaces and cushion your feet from blisters. They are also lightweight and have deep treads and big heels. The combination is perfect.
However, these boots don’t protect your feet in wet conditions. They get wet and will need drying. Of course, they dry fast, but the boots are just not water-resistant. If your paintball game doesn’t involve striding through water bodies but involves long walks in the jungle, this should be your choice.
- The outsole is of soft rubber that makes the boots suitable for different climatic conditions.
- Since there is no side zipper, you will have to loosen all the laces to wear the boots. The same goes for removing them.
- The boots are 8” high and provide ample support to your ankle and calves.
- Breathability is not a concern with this model. The materials and design ensure that your feet are highly comfortable in the boots.
- You won’t feel the pressure of walking on rough grounds in these boots. They are slightly expensive but offer enough benefits to justify the price.
#5 Under Armour Men's Valsetz Rts 1.5 5-inch Waterproof Military and Tactical Boot - Best Low Profile Boots
The last best paintball tactical boot on our list is another model by Under Armour. These are shorter or low-profile boots that are just 5” high. That means the boots cover until your ankles, unlike the others which come to the calves. If these are the type of boots you prefer, you will love all that Valsetz Rts has to offer. Let’s check the details, shall we?
Features & Benefits
The boots are of synthetic leather and textile materials. They are durable and can last for a decent time if you take good care of them. It should not be too much of a problem as synthetic leather is easy to clean.
Despite being shorter boots, they come with a side zipper that makes them easy to wear and remove these boots. The fitting is snug and very comfortable. Since they are lightweight, you won’t feel even the slightest weight on your feet when in motion.
- The toe cap is made of thermoplastic polyurethane for additional support and protection to your feet.
- Even this model has the Ortholite sock liner with a memory foam top. This keeps your feet fresh and adds some cushion to the boots.
- There is extra foam cushioning on the side length along the sole. This ensures soft landing and reduces the impact on your feet.
- These boots are great for everyday wear as well. Their subtly stylish appearance will suit casual wear.
- If you play paintball occasionally but want to use the tactile boots for other purposes as well, these would be a good pick.
- The material tends to scuff since it is made of synthetic leather. Be careful about it.
Buying Guide for the Best Paintball Tactical Boots
That’s an attractive list of paintball tactical boots, isn’t it? Each model has its advantages and disadvantages. We need to choose a pair depending on our priorities and requirements. But before we talk about the factors, let’s check out the types of tactical boots and the benefits of investing in a worthy pair of sturdy tactical boots for your feet.
Types of Paintball Tactical Boots
The boots have been made for military purposes rather than for paintball. However, since paintball also involves similar settings, professional players prefer to go for tactical boots as these keep feet comfortable during the long hours on the field.
- Standard Issue Boots: These are the basic model used by the police and the infantry. The boots are waterproof and anti-skid. They are sturdy and can sustain a lot of wear and tear. In short, the standard-issue tactical boots are suitable for almost all conditions.
- Jungle Boots: These tactical boots are designed to dry faster after getting wet. The material has tiny holes that let the water drain outside. If you play paintball in forests and rocky paths such as the trials, these books are a great choice.
- Desert Boots: As the name suggests, these tactical boots have been designed for walking in sand. They are sand-resistant and do not allow the tiny grains to enter inside and hurt your feet. You will mostly not need these boots for paintball unless you decide to have a game in the middle of a desert or set up a desert-like setting for the game.
- Jump Boots: These boots protect your feet, ankles, and knees from the impact of a high jump or a rough landing. Jump boots are stylish and used by parachute flyers. These aren’t of much use to paintball players, though. They high soles and stiff and can result in blisters and pain when you run across the hills and swamps in them.
- Boots for Winter: These are waterproof tactical boots designed to protect your feet and keep them warm in sub-zero weather conditions. While it is not practically feasible to play paintball in such conditions (the paint is going to freeze as well), you will need these boots in case you invented a creative paintball game to play in the snow. These boots prevent your feet from sinking into the soft snow and make it easy to move.
The desert boots, jungle boots, and winter boots are clubbed under the extreme weather tactical boots.
Benefits of Paintball Tactical Boots
Following are some of the benefits of paintball tactical boots (if you are still hesitant about investing in them).
- Tactical boots have been built to protect your feet from the rough outside conditions. This is the biggest benefit of choosing paintball tactical boots instead of regular boots or sneakers.
- These boots are versatile. You can use them when camping, hiking, rock climbing, etc. You don’t have to use the tactical boots only when playing paintball. A worthy investment, right?
- They are comfortable even when you wear the boots all day long. The best tactical boots have more padding and provide a good grip on uneven surfaces. They prevent dirt and water from seeping inside while also leaving enough room for your toes to move.
- Since tactical boots are designed for military purposes, they are built to last for a long time. These boots are durable, reliable, and can sustain rough usage.
Factors You Must Know When Buying the Best Paintball Tactical Boots
Even though the paintball tactical boots on our list are all carefully selected to suit most of your requirements, you need to consider certain factors to choose the one that suits you the best. The following are some factors to keep in mind when you shortlist paintball tactical boots.
A good pair of paintball tactical boots is the one that is made using high-quality materials. Leather is a durable and reliable material. A mix of leather with any synthetic material or nylon can result in comfortable boots. The tactical boots should also have a mesh to allow your feet to breathe. This mesh is usually made of nylon. And the outer sole should be made of quality rubber. They might squeak on smooth surfaces indoors, but tactical boots are not meant for indoor games.
Comfort and Size
You cannot ever ignore these factors. The materials and design of the tactical boots play a role in providing comfort for your feet. Cushioning is essential to sustain the impact of your feet hitting the hard ground when you run or climb. Proper airflow will let your feet stay dry instead of sweating inside the boots.
The size of the boots also determines the comfort level. It should be easy since brands sell tactical boots in various sizes. But we know that’s not the case. One size might be a bit too small, and the next one might be too loose. It happens to many of us, doesn’t it? Boots that are a wee bit loose are better than the boots that pinch your feet and cut off blood circulation. Also, consider the shape of the tactical boots and see if the model suits the shape of your feet or not.
We’ve talked seen how tactical boots are versatile in nature, right? Some of them look so stylish that you can wear them for outdoor events and ace the casual look. And if the boots protect your feet in varying weather conditions, wouldn’t that be a bonus?
Keeping your paintball tactical boots is very important. After all, they survive all kinds of messy conditions and keep your feet safe. Make sure to clean your boots after every paintball game. The cleaner they are, the longer they’ll last. If you buy leather tactical boots, see if you can polish them. You can also find stain-resistant tactical boots since mud and oil stains are quite common.
Fastenings on the Boot
If you prefer boots with laces, pick the ones with more eyelets. This provides a better fit and lets you adjust the laces to suit your comfort level. If you choose boots with a side zipper, make sure to check if the metallic zipper has been coated with an anti-rust solution to avoid the zipper from jamming due to excess exposure to water and dirt. Boots with a rip tape across the feet will secure the fastenings even more and provide a perfect fit.
This is a must when choosing paintball tactical boots. You cannot afford to lose your footing on uneven surfaces and injure yourself by falling. It’s highly risky and not at all recommended. While most tactical boots are slip-resistant, make sure that the boots you choose have an advanced tread design on the bottom to provide a better grip on all surfaces.
Same as with the anti-slip design, almost all tactical boots are made to be water-resistant. Leather is one such material that prevents water and moisture from seeping inside. Synthetic materials also have similar waterproofing qualities. Nylon mesh and the hard panels do their bit to keep the boots waterproof. High-end models tend to offer better protection compared to entry-level models.
Durability and Reliability
Naturally, we prefer to invest in paintball tactical boots that promise to last longer, isn’t it? Even if you love to collect footwear, you want the boots to serve their purpose so that you can flaunt how good your decision was to invest in them.
We cannot ignore our budget limitations, right? Luckily for us, the demand for tactical boots has resulted in some good competition in the market. You can easily find a reliable pair of paintball tactical boots for various budgets. And we’ve also got a model on our list, isn’t it? In case you are a beginner, you can start your paintball career with affordable, entry-level tactical boots and invest in high-end models as you start playing more often.
Wrap Up: Our Choice
Have you decided which paintball tactical boots to buy? Are you still undecided and not sure which one would be a good choice? In that case, we recommend Bates Men’s 8″ Ultralite Tactical Sport Side Zip Military Boots for their durability, reliability, and comfort.
With a side zipper, mesh lining, and larger toe area, we know that these boots are among the best in the market. We can safely conclude that the Bates Men’s 8″ Ultralite Tactical Sport Side Zip Military Boots are worthy of the price.