Paintball is such a fun game that it’s hard to resist the invitation to smack some paint on others, don’t you find? A friendly game should be quite harmless, but a tournament, well, that’s a different matter.
Paintball gear is a must if you want to improve your game and take part in events without risking any injuries. Just as having the right markers and grenades is vital, wearing the correct protective gear is also essential.
We’ve already seen how important paintball goggles, boots, and gloves are to keep you safe from accidents and injuries. Your feet will be safe in your boots, but how will you protect your legs?
Do you think a pair of tough jeans will do the job? While they sure are comfortable, jeans are not the best material for a paintball game. No matter if you are practicing for a tournament or participating in it, you need something designed for the game.
Yes, you can easily find paintball pants on the market. It’s so easy to find them that you’ll be confused by the many brands and models, all of which claim to be the best. So, which one do you think is the best?
Aha! Tricky question, right? Not any more. You don’t need to worry about it, we are here to help you. Check out the list of the top five best paintball tactical pants and find out more about their features and benefits.
Read the detailed buying guide to create a checklist of factors to consider when buying paintball pants. We’ve also got a small section where you can learn more about washing and cleaning the pants after a paintball game. After all, you need to keep them fresh and free of stains for the next game.
Let’s get started then, shall we?
Short on Time? Here's Our Pick!
So have you placed your order for paintball pants yet? Oh, still feeling a wee bit confused? Shall we help in that case? We would recommend the IDOGEAR G3 Combat Pants with Knee Pads Multicam Tactical Pant Rip-Stop Trousers as a perfect choice whether you are a beginner, intermediate, or a professional paintball player.
These pants are flexible, comfortable, durable, stretchable, and come with a Teflon coat and ten pockets. Since we have already seen the features and benefits in detail, let’s conclude the IDOGEAR G3 Combat Pants with Knee Pads Multicam Tactical Pant Rip-Stop Trousers are worth the price you pay for them.
Table of Contents
Quick Comparison Table!
The Best Paintball Tactical Pants For The Money
#1 IDOGEAR G3 Combat Pants with Knee Pads Multicam Tactical Pant Rip-Stop Trousers - EDITOR'S CHOICE
The first paintball pants on our list are by Idogear. The G3 combat pants are a copy of the original version. The company is known for manufacturing the best paintball pants on the market. They offer quite a lot of features and come for an affordable price. The pants are made from cotton and polyester. The pants are durable, comfortable, flexible, and last for a decent amount of time. These are the type of pants that can sustain the wear and tear of a paintball game. Let’s read a little more about these pants, shall we?
Features & Benefits
The material is four-way stretchable and has a Teflon coating. The YKK zippers are sturdy and don’t jam. These are typical military-style pants with as many as ten pockets. The pants also have Velcro straps for more comfort and durability.
The design allows for free movement around the hips, knees, and crotch. Another attractive feature is the adjustable knee padding. Yes, you can adjust the padding for a perfect fit and remove them if you don’t need the extra protection.
- The pants come in convenient black and camouflage colors.
- You can wear these pants for daily running, war games, etc., as well as paintball.
- The pants are made according to the European sizes. That means they will be one size smaller than the American standard. Choose your size based on this calculation.
- Airflow and ventilation are never going to be an issue with these pants. You will feel highly comfortable, even in summer.
- The cargo pants have elastic inside them so that you can carry a water bottle or hook your rifle when walking.
#2 Exalt Paintball T4 Pants - Best Value for Price
Exalt is another popular name in the paintball market. The company also manufactures some cool paintball pants to add to your gear. We are talking about the T4 pants in this post. If protection and safety are your primary concerns, you can pick the T4 with ease. The pants have padding at the knees, hips, and crotch area so that even if you get hit during the game, you will not feel the impact. Many more features make these pants a favorite of many, despite the price.
Features & Benefits
The pants have a belt loop and dual drawstrings to secure them at the waist. While the ankles have no fasteners, they are made of elastic and should work pretty well. The pants are made using good quality materials and are four-way stretchable.
The knee pads are made of Kevlar and are huge. Yeah, you can almost call them thigh pads as they provide protection even on the sides up to the back. There is an interior mesh lining that allows free airflow and keeps you cool, even on hot days.
- The pants have two swab pockets for easy and clean shooting during a paintball game.
- The pants come in sizes from small to extra large. However, some users said that the overall design is more suitable for tall, thin people.
- There are slash pockets along with zipper pockets. The pockets on the rear can be a bit tough to use.
- The zipper pockets are available only on one side, so you’ve got to plan to store things accordingly.
- These pants are suitable for running, crawling, jumping, jogging, and paintball games.
#3 HK Army Hardline Paintball Pants- 2018/2019 Styles - Best for Variety
HK Army is yet another company that is well known for paintball gear. The 2018/2019 styles are famous for being one of the best paintball pants on the market. The saying goes that these pants have been designed by paintball players for paintball players. The pants are a bit expensive, but they sure have great flexibility and protective padding. The only downside is that these pants are not the best choice for summer games. Let’s read a little more about the pants.
Features & Benefits
The pants have Velcro, button fasteners, and zippers to keep them secure at the waist. The material is four-way stretchable and lets you focus on the game without worrying about tears or rips. The crotch and knee areas are made of the same flexible material.
The company sells these pants in a range of sizes from extra small to XXXL. You don’t have to worry if they’ve got your size or not. Also, you can pick from five vibrant colors. The design and patterns on the pants are super cool and attractive.
- The pants have SIS pockets. You can keep your gloves and visor cloth in them with the utmost ease.
- The pant legs have zippers as air vents. These allow the free flow of air, keeping you comfortable. However, the leg zippers aren’t much use on hot days.
- Though these are quite expensive, paintball pants by HK Army are worth the price.
- There are two zipper pockets and two Velcro pockets. They are deep and very useful.
- Apart from waist fasteners, the pants also have ankle fasteners.
#4 SINAIRSOFT Tactical Combat Pants Shirt US Army Military Paintball BDU Gen3 Uniform - Best Quick-Drying Pants
As the name suggests, these paintball pants can be used for more than a game of paintball. Some military people also like to own a pair of these. And since the pants come paired with a similar shirt, it’s an easy and affordable investment. If you want to wear a flexible and lightweight dress for paintball without compromising on protection, this Gen3 Uniform is for you. Pick from among the four cool colors and flaunt your style. Here’s more about these pants.
Features & Benefits
The pants are made from 65% polyester and 35% cotton. This makes them comfortable, durable, stretchable, flexible, and highly dependable. You don’t need to worry about airflow or breathability.
You can wear these pants all day on the paintball field and still feel good at the end of the game. However, if you are looking for thicker material, you might be disappointed. The company chose to go with the thinner version. That doesn’t affect its quality, though.
- The pants have ten cargo pockets. You can stuff as much as you want to into these.
- The knee pads are adjustable and removable. If you are wearing the matching shirt, you can remove the elbow pads too.
- The seating area of the pants is double-layered for dual protection.
- You can wear these pants for hunting, shooting, and airsoft, as well as paintball games.
- The company doesn’t follow the US standard measurement. They mention it in the product description as well.
- Buying the next size might be a good idea. The fitting will be better and comfortable.
#5 Bunker Kings Featherlite Fly Paintball Pants with Adjustable Velcro Waist and Ankle Cuffs - Best Lightweight Pants
The last paintball pants on our list are by Bunker Kings. These pants are a lightweight model and have a no-fuss fitting at the waist. There are no hooks, buttons, zippers, or strings. You only need to clasp the Velcro, and that’s it. Though there are other companies that sell similar pants, we prefer Bunker Kings for the below reasons.
Features & Benefits
The pants are made of four-way stretch material in the right places so you can continue to play your natural game on the field. Thanks to the no-fuss Velcro waist, the fitting is absolutely perfect for these pants.
While the pants are expensive when compared with other brands, they sure seem to be worth the price. That said, some users complained that the crotch seam started to rip apart after just a few months. So, you might want to keep that in mind.
- The pants are available in different sizes from small to double XL. However, you can find them only in black.
- The pants are weatherproof. You can wear them in any season. And the best part is that they dry super fast. Yep, the material uses quick-dry technology so that you don’t have to stay in wet pants.
- The pants allow airflow and are breathable. You will not feel sweaty or hot in these.
- The pants have a locking system that prevents them from sliding up or down and causing unwanted discomfort.
- The ankle cuffs secure the pants at your ankle and keep them in place.
- The pockets of these pants are convenient and easy to use. There are both zipper and other regular pockets.
Buying Guide for the Best Paintball Tactical Pants
Now that you’ve seen the top five best paintball pants, it’s time to check out the buying guide. But before that, let us find out about the ways to remove paintball stains from the pants.
Removing the paint from paintball pants
Technically speaking, removing paintball paint stains should not be too much of an issue. The paint is made using food-grade dyes. Washing with regular detergent should do the job. But sometimes, it is not so easy.
The paint can be all dried up by the time you finish the game and get back home. And you obviously won’t be in the mood to wash your clothes after a long day in the field. The longer the paint sits on the pants, the harder it gets to remove it.
A bit of pre-washing preparation might be necessary in such instances.
- Start by applying stain remover to the stains. Let it sit for a while, about 45 minutes. The paint should fall off the pants after this. Shift the pants to a washing machine and wash with cold water. If that doesn’t work, you’ll need something stronger.
- Add a tablespoon of ammonia and a teaspoon of washing detergent in a cup of water. Soak the pants in this mixture for 30 minutes and then wash them in the machine. The stains should be gone.
- Remember to close all the zippers, clasp the buttons, and connect the Velcro so that none of them are loose. Check the pockets and do this before you soak the pants in the stain remover.
- Another important point to keep in mind is that most paintball pants are made of nylon. This material cannot handle heat. Using hot water or drying the pants in the sun can reduce their lifespan. Air-dry the pants away from sunlight.
Factors to Know When Buying the Best Paintball Tactical Pants
Paintball pants need to be stretchable, comfortable and have enough padding to protect the lower half of your body. The main reason you should not compromise or ignore the importance of paintball pants is safety.
When you crawl through bushes and forests, walk through thorny shrubs, and muddle through knee-length water, you expose your body to a lot of injuries. Paintball pants protect your legs from these injuries.
The material should be the first factor you consider. Paintball pants should be able to withstand a lot of wear and tear. These are not delicate party dresses that need to be pampered. No one wants to end up with a tear in their pants in the middle of a paintball game, right? Polyester, cotton, and stretchable fabrics are usually used in various proportions to sew the paintball pants.
You just cannot have paintball pants without extra protective padding. The main aim of paintball pants is to absorb the impact of a paintball hit or a stab from a thorn. Not just that, your knees should have additional padding so that you won’t feel pebbles poking into your skin as you crawl through forests. Some professional players also prefer pants with hip pads. And, we obviously cannot ignore protective padding for the crotch.
Selective padding alone is not going to be enough. The pants should be thicker than your regular wear. If your paintball pants are no different from your jeans, there really isn’t any point in buying a new pair, is there? Paintball pants are supposed to be thicker and sturdier than normal jeans. You don’t want the pants to sort-of protect your legs.
Size and fitting
You can get away with wearing jeans that are one size big. But the same cannot be possible with paintball pants, especially if the pants come with padding. You need to make sure that the padding is in the exact place. If the knee padding is going to slip below the knee, it’s not of much use, is it?
That said, choosing a size too small will make it very hard to move around. You’ve got to wear the pants all day long and run, climb, hop, crawl, dive, and jump. You cannot compromise on the size. Luckily, the paintball pants on our list come in various sizes. Go through the measurements on the product page and order the right size. And don’t forget to read the comments to see if people have complained about size irregularities.
Paintball pants come with multiple fastenings. This is to ensure that the pants don’t give you a reason to end up as a target. Buttons, Velcro straps, and zippers are used to keep the pants in their place. Do you even want to imagine what would happen if the pants were to come off when you are crawling from one place to another on the field?
Having a few pockets in your paintball pants will help you keep your things safe. But pockets without zippers are not of much use. What you need is a pair of paintball pants that come with swab pockets, zipper pockets, and are made of weatherproof material. These pants are going to be a bit expensive but are perfect for paintball events.
Patterns and prints
Playing paintball doesn’t mean you have to leave style at home. You can still flaunt your taste by choosing prints and patterns that meet your approval. However, it is important to consider the location of an event before you buy paintball pants.
If you play indoor paintball, you can go for bigger and brighter prints and even color coordinate with your teammates. But if your paintball games are held outdoors, stay away from anything that attracts attention. Choose neutral colors and prints so that you can easily hide from opponents, instead of being spotted even from a distance.
The reason so many paintball pants are made of polyester is that the material is stretchy, breathable, and durable. When mixed with cotton, the pants become even better and keep you cool during the hot days. Such pants may be a little more expensive but are totally worth the investment.
Flexibility and ease of movement
You will understand by now how important paintball pants are, right? Joggers and runners need pants that stretch and move so that they won’t restrict their running. Similarly, paintball players need even more free movement because of the nature of the game. Many paintball pants come with stretchable cloth in the crotch area and around the knees for better movement.
Ventilation and air flow
Paintball pants need to be breathable so that you won’t sweat inside the pants. When you play outdoors during summer days, wearing pants that don’t provide proper vents will be a nightmare. The heat will build inside the pants, and this will affect your movement and concentration. Even if you buy pants made of thick material and extra padding, make sure that they have mesh linings with vents so that your body can breathe. Paintball pants are usually made to have loose fittings for the same reason.
Price and budget
It is not required to go beyond your budget to buy paintball pants. Thanks to the increasing demand, many companies have started selling paintball pants. This has led to competition and a decrease in prices. While quality is still something you need to consider, you can find decent paintball pants for almost every budget.
Choose something based on how frequently you play and where you play more often. Also, paintball pants don’t come with lengthy warranties. Some don’t even have any warranty. However, most paintball pants last for a year or two, depending on how frequently you wear them and how well you take care of them.